Claircognizance – The Gift of Knowing
There are various ways that spiritually inclined people gather information from spirit guides or angelic beings from the other side. Clairvoyance is probably the most popular and well-known gift, as popular media tends to address psychics as clairvoyant. There are other gifts as well, including clairaudience, clairsentience, and the gift we’ll discuss today: Claircognizance.
What is Claircognizance?
Claircognizance is a means of getting information or messages intuitively by just knowing things. Those that have this gift didn’t hear or see the information; they just know it. Of course, every teenager may think they have this gift, as most parents can relate to telling their teens things and the teen replies “I know” all too often. (Yet, they don’t REALLY know.)
If you’re claircognizant, you simply get a “download” from your spirit guides or spiritual beings from the other side- perhaps even your higher self. Many times this happens first thing when you wake up in the morning or right before you fall asleep. It’s in the quiet times that you are more apt to receive the download, though some can be downloaded at any time, anywhere.
8 Signs That You May Have Claircognizance
See if you resonate with some of the following signs of claircognizance:
- You just know things. You don’t know how you know them; you just do. Your husband comes home and he’s had a day that zapped all of his energy. You know it before he walks through the door. Your Grandma is not feeling well today and somehow you just know, so you give her a call. The phone rings and you know exactly who it is. These sort of things happen often in your life.
- You’re smart and analytical. You’re bright and very good at understanding complex material. You can analyze without thinking much about it. You never really had to study a lot about topics, as the information came to you very easily.
- You’re confident in your ability. Many claircognizants get so comfortable with their gift that they become confident in their “knowing”. Many go on to become psychics or energy practitioners and become well-known for their accuracy. If you get people calling on you to give them readings or advice quite often and keep coming to you, chances are you’re tapping into this gift.
- You get a red flag instantly. More times than not, when it comes to certain things, you get a red flag even when it looks like a great opportunity. Others may think you are crazy for not proceeding forward, but you just have a knowing that it’s not a good idea for you. It may look like a shiny red, delicious apple, but inside it’s diseased and rotten.
- You know when someone is lying. You just know. You don’t know how you know; you just do.
- You read people very well. You can read people in a few moments upon meeting them and most of the time, you are very accurate.
- You pick up things very quickly. Maybe you grab a guitar and you just start strumming cords or you learn how to play a song in minutes. You tend to grasp information quickly.
- You’re contemplative. You love your alone time. You love to read and learn. Being alone helps you feel energized and refreshed. You like to ponder things and enjoy all sorts of possibilities. You are creative and like to dream big.
How do you rate? Do you see yourself in some of these traits? If so, you may be walking in the gift of claircognizance. If you see yourself in just a couple of these traits, you may dabbling in the gift and have room for developing it further. Take some time to learn more about the psychic gifts and developing them. After all, to become proficient at anything, it takes time and practice.
Spend time daily in quiet meditation and go about your day mindful of the present moment. Pay attention to your inner world and the spiritual world. Is knowledge just coming to you? Are you tuning in? Consider keeping a notebook and jot down each day when you just “have a knowing” about something. See if it is true. This way, you are exercising your gift and making a firm commitment to developing it better.